Updated as of: 16 July 2021
Under this Privacy Notice, we, being Eyeviser, inform you that in our interactions with you, we will be collecting personal data of yours which you provide to us, and this Privacy Notice is intended to inform you what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, to whom and why we disclose it, why we process it, and the security principles we implement to protect such personal data, including on our websites (“Website”). Personal data means any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which any person or organisation has or is likely to have access.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully, it is very important that you fully understand the content of this Privacy Notice including how and why we are processing your personal data and that of your clients and customers, and how we are protecting their and your privacy.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The provision of your personal data is a requirement necessary to fill in questionnaires and enquiries, and to have access to the services described in our Website or for the processing of orders (“Services”).
We will only be able to collect such personal data if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit such personal data to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of such personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our services. You may access and update any personal data submitted to us, or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
You should only submit personal data which is accurate and not misleading. We thank you for providing us with complete and accurate data, and please do inform us if any personal data needs to be updated. If you do not provide us with complete and accurate data, or if you do not inform us that any data needs to be updated, we may not be able to provide you with the Services.
We may collect the following categories of personal data:
- First name and last name
- Age – Date of birth
- Country of residence or nationality
- Payment information
- Contact information (e.g. address, email, contact number, address)
- Social media account ID
- Eye health information including prescription
- Products used
- Personal interests and preferences
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We only use personal data within the limits authorized by the laws and regulations. Sometimes, we use personal data because the laws and regulations require us to do so. In any case, we do not make any automated decisions solely on automatic processing which may produce legal consequences concerning the data subject, or which may significantly affect the data subject.
We collect, use and process personal data for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- For managing enquiries
- For contact purposes and in contact forms
- For vision screening purposes
- For future promotions or marketing collaterals which include contests, newsletter and other subscriptions, online applications
- For web analytics and to improve our Website
- For the use of our digital services (e.g. online platform, authentication, subscribing to/unsubscribing from newsletters, for the use of applications)
- For processing, administering and/or managing the relationship of the eye care professional with us
- For statistics analysis purposes, after anonymization of the data.
- For patient care purposes, which include referrals to other healthcare professionals and institutions, and other associated purposes
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The retention periods for personal data depends on the purpose for which we collect this data and what the data is processed for. Even if we are not able to outline the various retention periods in a reasonably intelligible format under this notice, we want you to know that we will retain personal data only for as long as (i) necessary for the respective purpose, (ii) necessary to carry out each of the Purposes, (iii) you have consented to, and/or (iv) required by applicable laws. We will destroy or permanently delete personal data if it is no longer required for any of the purposes stated in the preceding sentence.
PERSONAL DATA WE SHARE
Please be informed that we may share such personal data with:
- Eye care professionals, other healthcare professionals and institutions for processing, administering and/or managing the relationship of the professional or institution with us, and/or for patient care purposes.
We will share personal data solely for the Purposes and/or for any requirement for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfilment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We have measures in place to protect personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, including without limitation:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security.
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data.
- All of our employees who have access to personal data are required to enter into non-disclosure or similar agreements, which imposes obligations on them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We require any business partners and third party service providers with whom we may share personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
Although we will take reasonable measures to protect the personal data, it is recorded that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
DISCLOSURE TO AUTHORITY
You acknowledge and agree that we have the right to disclose personal data to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities or the relevant right owners, if we have reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure of personal data is necessary for the purpose of meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether voluntary or mandatory, as a result of cooperating with an order, an investigation and/or a request of any nature by such parties to the extent permissible by applicable law, and accordingly you agree not to take any action and/or waive your rights to take any action against us for the disclosure of personal data in these circumstances.